The SIGCHI Student Travel Grant (SSTG) for TVX
Deadline : 1st November 2017
The SIGCHI Student Travel Grant (SSTG) program is first intended to enable students who lack other funding opportunities to attend SIGCHI sponsored or co-sponsored conferences. Detailed information about how to apply is available here https://sigchi.org/conferences/student-travel-grants/student-travel-grant/
Gary Marsden Student Development Fund for TVX
Deadline: 15th November 2017
In order to better support students from and currently based in developing countries pursuing HCI/UX, ACM SIGCHI Gary Marsden Student Development Fund now covers all HCI relevant conferences and SIGCHI sponsored summer/winter schools.The purpose is to support growth of HCI in developing worlds by sponsoring SIGCHI student members who are postgraduate students from and currently based in developing countries to attend HCI relevant events. In the last two years, 36 students from around the world were awarded by the fund. For more information about applying for the funding, please see the fund guidelines: https://sigchi.org/2017/01/gary-marsden-student-development-fund/Hanyang University’s Travel Funds for TVX2018
Deadline: 1st March 2018
The host university (Department) of ACM TVX 2018, Hanyang University (Arts & Technology), specially supports Asian postgraduate students who would like to apply for participating in TVX2018 that takes place at Seoul, Korea. Two students who will be accepted for the papers, demo, doctoral consortium presentation are selected for the eligibility of the fund. It includes a return airfare and registration fee supports. The application should go to firstname.lastname@example.org along with CV (2 pages) and submitted papers, demos, doctoral consortium papers.
TVX workshops provide an informal setting where participants have the opportunity to discuss familiar and novel topics in an atmosphere that fosters active engagement and exchange of ideas. Workshops are expected to generate ideas that enable the TVX community to explore new, organized ways of thinking about specific topics, and emerging areas or that result in promising directions for future research.
Workshops will be held on the first day of the conference (June 26, 2018) and can either be a half or full day in length. Workshop organizers may consider including a short tutorial as part of the program, but are strongly encouraged to dedicate at least half of the time for discussion, interaction, or creative exercises. Each workshop will therefore be limited to 30 attendees (including organizers) to further foster a truly interactive experience. The workshop organizers will also have the possibility to exhibit workshop results during one of the poster sessions at the main conference.
INFO FOR PROSPECTIVE ORGANIZERS
We invite potential workshop organizers to submit their proposal by November 7, 2017 in ACM SIG Proceedings format (http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template-16dec2016
The maximum length is 4 pages. Proposals should address the following points:
• Aims and scope of the workshop
• Format and duration (full or half day), draft schedule indicating which kinds of sessions you intend to include
• Type(s) of submissions/contributions that will be solicited
• Plans for disseminating the call for contributions and attracting participants (e.g., list of institutions, research projects or communities which are affiliated with the workshop, and from which you expect contributions)
• Short bios of the organizers
Organizers of accepted workshops are responsible for setting up a workshop website. They may ask any kind of contribution to be submitted by workshop participants in advance (e.g. full papers, short papers, posters, demonstrators, videos). These contributions will be published in the TVX2018 adjunct proceedings on Figshare. Abstracts of the accepted workshops (2 pages) will be published by ACM and indexed by the ACM Digital Library. Workshop organizers are responsible for setting up a submission system and for organizing the review process.
All workshop proposals will be rigorously evaluated with respect to their quality, relevance, and suitability for the conference. Accepted workshops might be cancelled or merged with another workshop that addresses a similar topic, or if too few attendees (fewer than 8) register.
• Submission deadline: 7th November, 2017 - Proposals should be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com
- please use [TVX2018 WS PROPOSAL] as email subject (a notification of acceptance will be sent by the workshop chairs)
• Notification of acceptance: 1st December, 2017
• Workshop website up and running: 19th December, 2017
• Suggested submission deadline for participants’ contributions: 17th March, 2018
• Latest deadline for notifying participants of acceptance: 25th April, 2018
• Submission deadline for 2-page workshop abstract: 10th May, 2018
• Workshop chairs collect all camera-ready submissions: 25th May, 2018
• Workshop at the pre-conference day: 26th June, 2018
• Workshop results summary poster exhibited at main conference: 27th June, 2018
For more information, please contact the TVX2018 workshop chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org
Katrien De Moor, NTNU, Norway
Yung-Ju (Stanley) Chang, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
Britta Meixner, CWI, The Netherlands