ACM TVX2018이 서울에서 열립니다.
ACM TVX는 TV 및 온라인/모바일 미디어 환경에서의 인터랙션에 대하여 연구하는 구제학회이고, ACM SigChi에서 주최하는 학회입니다. 2018년에는 이 학회가 아시아에서는 최초로 한국에서 개최하게 되었습니다. HCI, 멀티미디어, 4K/8K 방송기술, VR및 드론을 이용한 새로운 미디어개발 등에 대한 학자들과 기업들의 발표로 구성될 것입니다.
현재까지, 영국의 BBC, 핀란드의 Nokia, 일본의 NHK, NTT에서 참여의사를 확인하였으며, 향후 BMW 디자인센터의 미디어디자이너를 Keynote로 섭외중입니다. 이번 기회에 한국학자들 및 학생들이 외국의 학자 및 기업들과 네트워킹을 확대하시면 좋을 듯 합니다. 중국미디어 그룹과의 네트워킹데이도 기획중에 있습니다. 논문은 ACM DL에 등재되고, 워크숍논문들은 DOI후 Open access로 출판됩니다.
마감일은 다음과 같습니다.
SigChi 학생 펀드 - 2017년 11월 1일
SigChi Gary Marsden 학생 개발 펀드 - 2017년 11월 15일
워크숍 프로포잘 - 2017년 11월 30일
논문제출 - 2018년 2월 2일
데모, 기업현장발표, Work-in-progress, 박사콜로키엄 - 2018년 3월 30일
ACM TVX 2018 (26 - 28 June, Seoul, Republic of Korea)
The ACM International Conference on Interactive Experiences for TV and Online Video (ACM TVX) is the leading international conference for presentation and discussion of research into online video and TV interaction and user experience. The conference brings together international researchers and practitioners from a wide range of disciplines, ranging from human-computer interaction, multimedia engineering and design to media studies, VR/AR Technologies, media psychology, media artists, and sociology.
ACM TVX 2014 was held in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, TVX 2015 in Brussels, Belgium, TVX 2016 in Chicago, USA, TVX 2017 in Hilversum, The Netherlands. Next year TVX 2018 comes to Seoul, Republic of Korea for the first time in ASIA. All members of TVX look out the opportunity to build up a strong companion research community with Asian researchers and students.
Next year's theme is ‘Immersive Media Experiences’ and we particularly welcome contributions that look into specific tools, methods and evaluation of experiences related to creating and enabling high-resolution VR media content consumption. The following topics are interested to be covered in the conference, but are not limited to :
- Content Production: traditional & novel content production for the new media landscape, including VR platform services and/or ultra high-defintion content
- Systems & Infrastructures: system designs and architectures and their evaluation, including delivery, transmission, and synchronization of media, in particular, the new upcoming 5G mobile network
- Media Interaction Technologies & Techniques: including gestural and multi-sensory, multi-display systems, and interaction for device ecosystems, specially on VR headsets or new media consumption devices (e.g., projection mapping to the building)
- Digital Marketing: Digital media, video marketing on TV or other mobile devices that make possible to approach to future e-commerce
- Experience Design & Evaluation: TV and online video design and evaluation research, including social and shared experiences, specially for VR platform services and/or ultra high-defintion content
- Empirical Methods: novel methods for evaluating TV and online video experience, and audience satisfaction measurement.
- Data Science & AI techniques for/with TV & Online Video: advances in techniques for collaborative filtering, interactive/synchronous environments, collective intelligence and crowd-sourcing, and location-based and context-aware applications and digital marketing bidding services.
- New Business Models : research and practice around novel business models and marketing strategies for the new media landscape of television and online video. Studies around novel ways of advertisement models and strategies.
- Innovation & Visions of Future TV & Online Video: Research on innovative design strategies, new concepts, and prototype experiences for television and online video, including case studies and media artworks and artistic performances, including VR Arts or artefacts on Ultra high-defintion TV
Please bear in mind the dues are getting closer for your submission (We will build up the online submission system soon)
- Workshops proposals – 30 Nov. 2017
- Full & Short Papers proposals – 2 Feb. 2018
- TVX-in-Industry (companies or industry partners only) – 30 Mar. 2018
- Demos – 30 Mar. 2018
- Work-in-Progress – 30 Mar. 2018
- Doctoral Consortium – 30 Mar. 2018
Our target audiences are also as follows:
- academics working in the field of media and new communication technology (e.g., 5G, terrestrial broadcasters)
- practitioners in broadcast and online media
- industry professionals working in the area of new media
- media artists
- Industry people in digital marketing
- mobile commerce designers
- online & video content developers
We also have several student supporting schemes, so if you have anyone who might be interested in the following student support schemes, please ask them to do so (and the General chairs would provide the document that is required to include in the application package)
SIGCHI Student Travel Grant (Deadline: 1st, Nov. 2017)
Gary Marsden Student Development fund (Deadline: 15th, Nov. 2017)
Hanyang University Research Fund (Deadline: Open)
Department of Arts and Technology, Hanyang University will support the registration fee of the students selected (up to five master & ph.D students). Any students from the Asian Universities & demo at the conference are eligible for this fund.